My Party Nuts bring all the boys to the yard, and you know what?! They LOVE them! As I mentioned in my Fudge Yeah, Brownies! post, this is one of my go-to recipes when we’re entertaining guests. Not only is this one of the easiest recipes ever, but it’s also good for you and is THE. BEST. FLAVOR. COMBO. Literally every time I’ve served these, my friends have
begged asked me for this recipe. Not only are they simple to make and mouthwateringly delicious, but they taste just like Chex Mix!
Party Nuts are a waaaaay healthier alternative to Chex Mix, chips, or other junk food munchies. The raw almonds, cashews, and pecans provide that satisfying crunch reminiscent of some of our favorite savory snacks, like chips or pretzels. Unlike other junk food, though, these nuts have many health benefits. In addition to healthy fats that will help keep you fuller longer, almonds are also high in vitamin E (yay, skin food!) and cashews are high in vitamins E, K, B6, and calcium.
While the nuts are packed with nutrients, the stars of this show are the holy trinity of spices: chili powder, cumin, and paprika. The chili powder and paprika give a little bit of heat without burning you from the inside out. Chili powder and paprika are also great anti-inflammatories and can even settle an upset tummy! They also have capsaicin, so you’re revving up your metabolism while chowing down! With this much flavor, there’s no excuse to gorge yourself on Chex Mix!
Stock up on supplies and start being a party nut! Why not add some party nuts to your life?Print
- 1 cup organic raw almonds
- 1 cup organic raw pecans
- 1 cup organic raw cashews
- Organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon organic granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon organic chili powder
- ½ teaspoon organic paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon organic cumin
- ¼ teaspoon organic black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a cast iron baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Pour all of your nuts into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with enough olive oil so that they’re coated without too much olive oil at the bottom of your bowl.
- Mix all of the spices together in a small container. Sprinkle over nuts and lightly toss them to ensure even coating.
- Throw them in the oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Take out of the oven and go nuts!
Keywords: nuts, nut mixture, pub mix, spicy, salty, almonds, cashews, pecans, nut-free, bar snacks
Show Me Your Party Nuts, People!
Tag me on Instagram @amara_andrew to show me how you made your new favorite drunk snack! 🙂