Whether you’re rocking around the Christmas tree or snuggling up to your fireplace this year, these 5 Christmas cocktail recipes will keep you feeling warm and festive!
Cuddled under exquisitely soft blankets next to the warmth of an ornate 19th-century fireplace; escaping to the soft, white sands of a warm, sunny island; and drinking seasonal cocktails like it’s my day job are a few of my favorite ways to stay warm in the Chicago winter.
Christmas is the best (and only) excuse I have for drinking my body weight in fun, festive drinks without feeling bad about myself. I don’t typically indulge in sweet or sugary drinks, preferring a high-quality tequila or vodka neat, but I splurge when it’s the holiday season.
Last year, in the quest for the perfect gluten-free and dairy-free Christmas cocktails, I unintentionally turned our clean, minimalist kitchen into a deranged scientist’s laboratory…we’re still finding champagne flutes to this day… *shudders* Even though the kitchen was a mess, I was able to create a few amazing cocktails that were not only pleasing to the eye, but also totally delish!
These cocktails are now an essential part of our Christmas tradition (along with making a gluten-free & dairy-free Gingerbread House and melt-in-your-mouth gf/df Sugar Cookies!) and I hope they can be part of yours, too!
Christmas Morning Mimosas
These mimosas are to die for! Not only are they super easy to make, but they’re also not too sweet and an absolutely beautiful Christmas red! Imagine sitting around the tree opening presents on Christmas morning while drinking one of these Christmas Morning Mimosas…so perfect!Print
Ahh, nothing says Christmas morning quite like the heavenly combination of cranberry juice and Prosecco! These mimosas are so simple to make that you’ll be back in front of the tree with your peeps before you can say “Ho ho ho!”
- 1 organic lime, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut sugar (or white cane sugar if you’re on the naughty list!)
- 2 ounces organic cold pressed cranberry juice
- LaMarca prosecco*
- Fresh organic cranberries
- Rosemary sprigs (or toothpicks)
- First, rim your champagne flute with coconut sugar.
- Next, pour cranberry juice into your glass and top with Prosecco.
- Using a toothpick, poke a hole through the cranberries. Thread the rosemary skewer through three cranberries and garnish your mimosa.
- Voila, breakfast is served!
*If you aren’t doing alcohol this season, you can always sub the LaMarca with sparkling cider!
Keywords: Christmas, Christmas cocktail, cocktail, brunch, mimosa
Christmas Wreath CocktailPrint
- First, on a heatproof plate, light a rosemary sprig on fire.
- Blow out the flame, and place your lowball glass over the rosemary to capture the smoke.
- While your glass is being filled with delicious rosemary smoke, pour the cranberry juice, rosemary simple syrup, lemon juice, and vodka into a drink shaker or mason jar filled with ice.
- Shake for about 15-20 seconds.
- Flip over your lowball glass now that it’s filled with rosemary smoke and strain your cocktail over it. Top with Topo Chico.
- Garnish with frozen cranberries (to keep your drink cold without watering it down!) and a sprig or two of rosemary! 🙂
Keywords: cocktail, christmas, christmas cocktail, rosemary, cranberry, simple syrup, rosemary simple syrup, lemon juice, topo chico, sparkling water, tito’s vodka, vodka
Gingerbread Christmas Cook-tail
Ho ho ho-ly shit is this cocktail delicious. I definitely forgot that there was whiskey in this when I was developing the recipe and ended up downing glass after glass. Let’s just say that Santa wasn’t the only one who was merry this year!Print
- To prepare your cocktail, rub the orange wedge around the rim of your glass. Sprinkle coconut sugar onto a small plate and coat the rim of your glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker or mason jar with ice. Add the Better Half, gingerbread simple syrup, whiskey, and vanilla extract. Cover and shake.
- Strain into your glass while screaming “You can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man!”
Keywords: Christmas cocktail, Christmas, cocktail, dessert
Mint Mocha Martini
There are few flavors that are more Christmas-y than the heavenly combo of mint and chocolate. I’ve been working for years (literally!) trying to find the perfect cocktail with peppermint extract as the star…it has finally happened! This drink is DELICIOUS with or without vodka, so if you aren’t doing alcohol this season you can still enjoy a fun, festive drink! 🙂Print
There are few flavors that are more Christmas-y than the heavenly combo of mint and chocolate. I’ve been working for years (literally!) trying to find the perfect cocktail with peppermint extract as the star…it has finally happened! This drink is DELICIOUS with or without vodka, so if you aren’t doing alcohol this season you can still enjoy a fun, festive drink! 🙂
- Rim your martini glass with the chocolate syrup, and then the cocoa powder.
- Add the non-dairy milk, peppermint simple syrup, cocoa powder, and Tito’s to a cocktail shaker or mason jar filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour into your rimmed martini glass, garnish with a candy cane, and enjoy! 😀
Keywords: cocktail, christmas, christmas cocktail, peppermint, mint, simple syrup, almond milk, candy cane, cocoa powder, chocolate, chocolate martini, chocolate peppermint martini, tito’s vodka, vodka
Naughty Apple Margarita
Do you know of anyone on Santa’s naughty list? Is it you? Then you need to try this Naughty Apple Margarita. It’s the perfect blend of sweet apple, earthy cinnamon, and tequila. Even if you’re on the nice list, doesn’t it feel good to be a little naughty?Print
If you weren’t already on Santa’s naughty list (it wasn’t me, Santa, I swear!), you certainly will be after a few of these!
For the rim:
- 1 organic lime, sliced into wedges
- ½ tsp. organic cinnamon
- ½ tsp. organic coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
For the cocktail:
- 2 oz. Casamigos reposado tequila*
- 3 oz. organic apple cider or organic apple juice
- ½ organic lime, juiced
- 3 dashes Regan’s orange bitters
For the garnish:
- Thin slices of an organic apple
- Organic cinnamon stick
- Combine the cinnamon, sugar, and salt together on a small plate. Wet the rim of your margarita glass with the lime wedge and roll in the cinnamon sugar and salt mixture.
- Next, combine the tequila, apple juice, lime juice, and orange bitters together in a cocktail shaker or mason jar with ice. Shaky shaky!
- Strain over your glass and garnish with an apple slice or cinnamon stick.
*If you aren’t doing alcohol this season, you can add 1 teaspoon of agave syrup to replicate the tequila flavor, or simply make this recipe without tequila!
Keywords: Christmas cocktail, Christmas, cocktail, dessert, margarita
Which recipe was your favorite? Did you try them all or did you stick with just one? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂
Show Me Your Christmas Cheers!
Tag me on Instagram @amara_andrew to show me your Christmas spirits! 🙂