This cherry simple syrup is soooo good! Mix it with your favorite alcohol for a popsicle flavored cocktail, or pair it with some Topo Chico for an old-fashioned soda!
- 1 cup organic frozen cherries (this way, they’re already pitted and de-stemmed)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Demerara sugar
- Add your cherries, Demerara sugar, and water to a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes. You want your cherries to start breaking down…not emotionally, just physically.
- Remove from heat and mash your cherries with the back of a slotted spoon.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain your cherry mixture over a bowl. Make sure to press on the cherries so you get all of the simple syrup out of them.
- Pour your syrup into an air-tight container and put in the fridge to cool before using it.
- Eat those strained cherries, don’t discard them! You can pair them with coconut milk ice cream which is super yummy 🙂
Your cherry simple syrup will last in the fridge for about 3 weeks.
Keywords: simple syrup, cherry, cherry simple syrup, cocktail, mixer, sweetener, Demerara sugar, sugar, recipe, grenadine