- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup Demerara sugar
- 2 cups organic blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- Add the water and sweetener of your choice to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir until your sweetener dissolves.
- Add the blackberries and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain your syrup by mashing the berries through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a clean mason jar or other storage container.
- You can store your blackberry syrup in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
Keywords: blackberry, blackberries, organic blackberry, organic blackberries, organic blackberry simple syrup, blackberry simple syrup, demerara sugar