While making these recipes, I was stuck between calling this drink “Goth Juice” and “My Soul” because this is the perfect medley of sweet grape juice, slightly tart lime juice, a zing of ginger, and the dark edge of charcoal, just like my soul! 😛
- Fill a mason jar or cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes.
- Add the grape juice, ginger beer, lime juice, and charcoal.
- Put your lid on your mason jar or cocktail shaker and shake well for about 15-20 seconds.
- Put 3-4 ice cubes in a highball glass.
- Strain your drink over your highball glass.
- Top with lime wheels and serve with a reusable straw.
- Enjoy your dark, sweet, tart soul! 🙂
* While this recipe is absolutely delicious, please be careful ingesting activated charcoal when taking medication: “Activated charcoal absorbs substances in the stomach and intestines. Taking activated charcoal along with medications taken by mouth can decrease how much medicine your body absorbs, and decrease the effectiveness of your medication. To prevent this interaction, take activated charcoal at least one hour after medications you take by mouth.“
Keywords: halloween, halloween cocktail, halloween mocktail, halloween party recipes, halloween drinks, halloween recipe, grape juice, ginger beer, activated charcoal, lime juice