So, I’m totally guilty of drinking the liquid pumpkin pie filling before it can be cooked into an actual pumpkin pie. This year, I created a drink so that I would stop and actually be able to make an entire pumpkin pie. Oh wowzers, did this cocktail hit the spot!
For the Pumpkin Spice Syrup (Makes about 16 servings)*:
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar or demerara sugar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup organic pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. organic ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. organic ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. organic ground ginger
For the martini:
For the Pumpkin Spice Syrup:
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then turn your head down to medium.
- Cook your syrup until it’s thick enough to coat a spoon (about 10-15 minutes). Stir occasionally to keep your mixture from burning.
- Remove your syrup from the heat and pour into a heat-proof container. Refrigerate it until needed or use it right away!
For the martini:
- Combine coconut sugar and cinnamon to make your cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Rub the rim of your martini glass with the lime wedge and coat with cinnamon sugar.
- Combine the rest of your ingredients into a cocktail shaker or mason jar filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Strain over your rimmed martini glass.
- Go hide in a pumpkin patch and whenever someone walks by scream out, “I’M DRINKING ONE OF THEIR RELATIVES!” while pointing at a pumpkin.
*You can use this syrup to make my Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte! 🙂
**As I’ve mentioned in other recipes, I highly recommend Califia Farms Better Half!
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin pie, gluten-free pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie martini, pumpkin spice, pumpkin spice syrup, cinnamon sugar, vanilla, dairy-free pumpkin pie