Just what the hell is an “All-Purpose Cookie Recipe?” Well, I’m glad you asked 🙂
This cookie recipe is seriously my go-to cookie template!
When I say cookie template I mean that the base recipe is excellent as a sugar cookie recipe, but throw in some cinnamon and they make great Snickerdoodles!
Not a fan of cinnamon? Then throw in some chocolate chips and BAM! You’ve got chocolate chip cookies 🙂 You can also make a delicious chocolate chocolate chip cookie (basically a brownie cookie) and they are to die for! 🤤
These cookies are so soft and delicious on the inside and get that subtle crunchy exterior that is honestly one of the best things in this world. Also, they make your whole kitchen smell absolutely amazing 😍 Win-win!
Ugh, I have to go make a batch now… tata! 🙂
Alternate Types of Cookies You Can Make with this Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- For Chocolate Chip Cookies, add 1 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips (I love Enjoy Life chocolate chips!) after combining the wet and dry ingredients. Gently fold them into the batter and proceed with the final steps! 🙂
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (a.k.a. Brownie Cookies)
- For Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies, add ¼ cup organic cocoa powder to your dry ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and then gently fold 1 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips (I love Enjoy Life chocolate chips!) into your cookie batter. Proceed with the rest of the steps! 🙂
- For Snickerdoodle Cookies, add 1 ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon to your dry ingredient mixture. In a separate small bowl, create a cinnamon-sugar topping by combining ⅓ cup coconut sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Set aside. Before putting your cookies in the oven, add the topping and then bake as normal.
Remember, this base recipe is great for a simple sugar cookie. You can jazz it up using my recommendations above 👆 or come up with your own! You can also just enjoy the regular recipe in all its simple glory 🙂Print
I would seriously sell my soul for a plate of these cookies! They are standard fare in our home (meaning that I make a batch at least once a week), so I wanted them to be as simple as possible to make. They’re so easy that I actually have the recipe memorized and rarely have to refer to it! 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a cast iron cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine 1 ¾ cups almond flour, ⅓ cup coconut flour, ¼ tsp. baking soda and ⅛ tsp. salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine ¼ cup melted coconut oil, ½ cup coconut sugar, 1 egg, and 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a thick cookie dough forms.
- If you’re making round cookies, simply scoop out even portions of cookie dough, roll into a ball and lightly press down in your hand.
- If you’re using a cookie cutter, roll your dough into a large ball. Place the dough on a separate sheet of parchment paper and cover it with another sheet. Roll your dough to ¼ inch thickness between the two sheets of parchment paper with a rolling pin. Place your cookie cutouts on your parchment lined baking sheet.
- Regardless of how you cut your cookies, bake them in your preheated oven for 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn light brown.
- Take them out of the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
- Once cooled, decorate and enjoy! 🙂
Keywords: gluten-free, dairy-free, gluten-free cookies, dairy-free cookies, snickerdoodle, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, coconut sugar, almond flour, coconut flour, easy gluten-free desserts, easy gluten-free dairy-free desserts, gluten-free dairy-free cookies, paleo desserts, easy paleo desserts