If you don’t have visions of sugar plums dancing in your heads after 2 or 3 of these, you’re the Christmas champ!
Gingerbread simple syrup (makes 12 ounces of simple syrup, or enough for 12 cocktails)
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup organic molasses
- ½ tsp. organic ground ginger
- ½ tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. organic ground cloves
- To make your Gingerbread syrup, combine all of the syrup ingredients into a pot. Simmer over low-medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Pour your syrup into a container of your choice. Unless you’re making your cook-tail immediately, you can refrigerate your syrup until needed. Just give your container a good shake beforehand since the spices will settle to the bottom.
- To prepare your cocktail, rub the orange wedge around the rim of your glass. Sprinkle coconut sugar onto a small plate and coat the rim of your glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker or mason jar with ice. Add the Better Half, gingerbread simple syrup, whiskey, and vanilla extract. Cover and shake.
- Strain into your glass while screaming “You can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man!”
Keywords: Christmas cocktail, Christmas, cocktail, dessert