Since I was a kid, I’ve had to refrain from eating 1,000 pounds of chocolate covered strawberries on Valentine’s Day in fear of the stomachache that would shortly follow. How I wish I had this drink to curb my craving for a dairy-free alternative!
- 5–6 organic freeze-dried strawberry pieces, crushed into a fine powder
- Organic lime wedge
- 4–6 oz. organic almond milk
- ½ tsp. organic cocoa powder
- 2–3 oz. organic strawberry simple syrup
- 1 organic strawberry cut into a heart shape
- First, you’re going to make the rim for your mocktail. Crush your freeze-dried strawberries until they turn into a fine powder. It’s fine if you still have a few small strawberry chunks.
- Take your lime wedge and run it around the rim of your martini or coupe glass. Then roll your glass around in your crushed freeze-dried strawberries.
- Next, put 3 ice cubes into a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
- Add the almond milk, cocoa powder, and strawberry simple syrup to your shaker of choice.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain and pour into your prepared martini glass.
- Skewer your strawberry garnish and place in your mocktail. Enjoy! 🙂
If you want to turn this recipe into an actual martini, substitute 1 oz. of your almond milk with 1 oz. of vodka.