My Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mocktail is truly as decadent as it sounds! The recipe is super simple (just 3 ingredients!), so you’ll be drinking it before you can say “Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mocktail”!
When I was growing up, I truly loathed Valentine’s Day.
Every year at school, students were able to send a chocolate covered strawberry to their crush in homeroom. Each year, I hoped that I would finally get one; that someone really liked me.
Unfortunately, that never happened.
After a few years of not receiving a chocolate covered strawberry, I started sending myself one because why not? It was a win-win! I wouldn’t feel left out and I would get a delicious chocolate covered strawberry!
There was a downside, though. I’m lactose intolerant, so tummy troubles would happen immediately after I finished the last bite…yikes.
Despite my less than awesome memories involving said chocolate covered fruit object, I still love the idea of a chocolate covered strawberry which is why I created this mocktail. Not only is this dairy-free (yay!), but it’s also free of the other crap that is normally loaded into store-bought chocolate covered strawberries.
This recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day, date night, your anniversary dinner, or if you’re at home practicing self-care and want to indulge a little.
Happy mocktailing! 🙂Print
Since I was a kid, I’ve had to refrain from eating 1,000 pounds of chocolate covered strawberries on Valentine’s Day in fear of the stomachache that would shortly follow. How I wish I had this drink to curb my craving for a dairy-free alternative!
- 5–6 organic freeze-dried strawberry pieces, crushed into a fine powder
- Organic lime wedge
- 4–6 oz. organic almond milk
- ½ tsp. organic cocoa powder
- 2–3 oz. organic strawberry simple syrup
- 1 organic strawberry cut into a heart shape
- First, you’re going to make the rim for your mocktail. Crush your freeze-dried strawberries until they turn into a fine powder. It’s fine if you still have a few small strawberry chunks.
- Take your lime wedge and run it around the rim of your martini or coupe glass. Then roll your glass around in your crushed freeze-dried strawberries.
- Next, put 3 ice cubes into a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
- Add the almond milk, cocoa powder, and strawberry simple syrup to your shaker of choice.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain and pour into your prepared martini glass.
- Skewer your strawberry garnish and place in your mocktail. Enjoy! 🙂
If you want to turn this recipe into an actual martini, substitute 1 oz. of your almond milk with 1 oz. of vodka.