Hi there! 🙂
My name’s Amara and I’m so happy that you’re here!
I really dislike writing about myself, so we’re going to keep this nice and short.
- Hometown: Scottsdale, AZ
- Current profession: archivist and part-time art history professor.
- Favorite food: either salmon nigiri or chicken/shrimp tacos. I also love mocktails even though I know they’re not a food 🙂
- I absolutely love (in no particular order): the beach, cacti, warm weather, sun, art, history, art history, historic preservation, modernist design, typography, coffee, tea, and Cuban food.
- Favorite artist/art movement/artwork: I honestly don’t have one of any of these…I love ALL art! Seriously! I love all art because of the absolute variety of ways that people from various time periods, lifestyles, and global locations approach similar subjects. I love that we have art as a way to have a glimpse into a time period or culture even if it is skewed in its accuracy, that still shows us something about that culture, just not what you think.
- My undergrad thesis: “Rediscovering the Authoritative Female Figure in Italian Renaissance Portraiture.”
- My graduate thesis: “Another Way to Consider Absorption: Anxiety about Domesticity in the Paintings of Chardin and Greuze.”
- Secret time: if I could start any business, I would love to have a hybrid surf/coffee shop in Miami Beach that could convert into an art gallery at night.
Don’t be afraid to reach out with any questions, comments, or if you just want to say howdy! 🙂